Cyberpion is pioneering a game-changing approach to External Attack Surface Management. Cyberpion solves the rising cybersecurity challenge of understanding the risks and vulnerabilities of the hyperconnected online assets that form an external attack surface.
There are a lot of security companies out there, but no one is doing what Cyberpion is doing: giving our customers the ability to take control of their external attack surface and prevent breaches and ransomware. As a result, we’re seeing phenomenal growth as some of the top companies in the world adopt our platform. We have top tier venture funding, an amazing team who will fight beside you to accomplish the impossible, and we offer great benefits and stock options.
Cyberpion is looking for a rock star Corporate Communications professional with a track record of increasing responsibilities and aspirations to lead. Our market presence is growing, and with it the importance of working closely with journalists, industry analysts and other key influencers. This is a high impact role for the company as we accelerate into our next phase of growth. The role reports to the CMO, and will work directly with company executives, marketing, sales and product teams.
This role is responsible for owning and driving public relations, analyst relations, customer marketing, and influencer strategy. You should have the ability to establish and maintain stellar key influencer relationships. You will drive thought leadership and give our sales team the air cover they need to get into more deals and win them. You will manage external PR agencies that can get us in front of key influencers, editors, reporters, and bloggers. Your job will be to help them secure more coverage and social engagement. You will be expected to proactively drive creative ideas for generating coverage and thought leadership
- Develop strategy for media relations.
- Define and align with executive team on communications strategy.
- Create and oversee creation of original content and oversee execution of various communications activities, including press releases, bylined articles, customer case studies, blogs, video scripts, emails.
- Ensure Cyberpion is taking all necessary steps to perform well in key research.
- Drive thought leadership opportunities, positioning us as a market and category leader.
- Establish and nurture relationships with key media contacts with the goal of getting us placed in top media outlets.
- Drive our brand experience, support web site that communicates our value.
- Track research calendar and coordinate cross-functionally to respond to analyst inquiries.
- Establish processes for ongoing communication and education of industry analysts.
- Increase awareness through PR, social media, and other programs.
- Grow and lead a high-performance team.
- Manage a highly effective customer marketing program, securing customer quotes, case studies, and video testimonials.
- Manage external creative resources supporting a consistent, high quality brand experience.
- Monitor analyst research and highlight relevant research to the appropriate teams with applicable positioning.
- Manage program to communicate positioning to a broad group of industry analysts and influencers
- Oversee budget, analysis, and recommendations for purchased analyst research services.
Experience and Qualifications
- 8+ years’ experience in corporate communications, with 4+ years’ experience working with agencies and analyst firms, preferably at a high-growth B2B technology company. 2+ years managing a team.
- Knowledge of the cyber security industry.
- Sense of urgency, a person who is willing to roll-up their sleeves, execute and get things across the finish line
- A consistent track record of pitching and securing top-tier press.
- Pre-existing relationships with reporters in the business and technology sectors.
- Natural storyteller who can take complex topics and make them easy to digest.
- Must have strong knowledge and understanding of PR agencies and industry analyst ecosystem with track record of executing PR and AR programs.
- Ability to work across organizational lines, command respect, and influence without authority.
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills; highly effective presentation skills.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and experience in bringing new programs and ideas to life.
- Driven, self-starter able to execute goals regardless of obstacles.
- Innovative, motivated, organized, high energy team player with a strong work ethic, attention to detail and a good sense of humor.
- Bachelor’s degree